Court Canceled Thursday, February 17th
Court hearings are held both virtually and in-person. Most first appearances will automatically be set on the second Thursday of the month via Webex, with check-in starting at 4:30pm. Court will begin at 5:00pm. If you would like an email reminder and a link sent to you, please notify the court before your court date.
In person hearings will be schedule on the third Thursday of the month at 5:00pm, with doors opening at 4:30pm. If your case has been set for an in-person hearing on the third Thursday of the month and you would like to attend via Webex, you may contact the Court Administrator at 414.849.3402 and request to appear via Webex on the second Thursday of that month. This request must be made prior to the first Thursday of the month. The court has discretion to determine if the case is eligible for a Webex hearing. At this time masks must be worn during all court proceedings.
All trials will be conducted in-person and will be scheduled to start at 6:00pm on the third Thursday of the month.
Please advise the court if your address is incorrect on your citation or has changed. This will ensure that you receive all information pertaining to your case.
You can also review your case on-line at www.courts.mo.gov Click on Search for a Case (Missouricase.net) You can search using either your name or ticket number. You can also sign up for phone/email notices of future hearings.
You may call our office at 314-849-3402 or check this website for additional information and updates regarding our operations.
When a court date is set for a Webex hearing, a webex link will be emailed to you if you have filed your email address with the court. If your address is different from the one listed on your ticket please call the court with a correct address. As delivery of notices may be affected and court date information for cases is publicly available, please review your case on either of the sites listed for your current court date. Please note it may take a week before the records are fully updated.
- For tickets issued PRIOR to June 5, 2019: www.municourt.net
- For tickets issued AFTER June 5, 2019: www.courts.mo.gov/casenet
Attention** This link to WEBEX is only active on the 2nd Thursday of each month. Any other date will be held in person at 3939 S. Lindbergh Blvd.
Click here to connect to the Municipal Court webex meeting.
Meeting ID: 146 074 5153
To call in from your phone:
Audio: dial + 1-408-418-9388
Access code: 146-074-5153 (tolls apply)
ATTENTION** This link to WEBEX is only active on the 2nd Thursday of each month. Any other date will be held in person at 3939 S. Lindbergh BLVD.
Log in by 4:30pm. The court session is usually finished by 6:00pm.
Judge – Brian P. Millikan
Court Administrator – Carol A. Lay
Prosecuting Attorney – Robert E. Jones
Prosecuting Attorney Assistant - Linda Younglove
Sunset Hills Municipal Court
The City of Sunset Hills Municipal Court is a Municipal division of the 21st Judicial Circuit Court of St. Louis County.
Municipal Court Sessions / Dockets
- Municipal Court is held at: Sunset Hills Government Center, 3939 South Lindbergh Blvd., Sunset Hills, MO 63127.
- The Municipal Court has two sessions monthly on the second and third Thursday of each month, evenings at 5:00 PM.
- The second Thursday of the month is held virtually with logins starting at 4:30pm and usually ending at 6:00pm.
- The third Thursday of the month is held in person with doors opening at 4:30pm and usually ending by 6:00pm.
- All persons entering the court are subject to search by the Sunset Hills Police Department . Masks must be worn for all court proceedings at this time.
- Dress appropriately for a court appearance, generally work casual is acceptable.
- Court sessions with the City of Sunset Hills Municipal Court are open to the public.
- While Court is in session, please remove your hat, turn off your cell phone and electronic devices, and keep talking to a minimum in a low voice.
- If you have received a ticket or Information, then you have been summoned to attend Court on the date shown on your citation.
- You may plead not guilty by attending Court to enter your plea. A trial will be set at a later date.
- You may plead Guilty by mail by signing the bottom of your citation or the yellow handout issued by the Sunset Hills Police Department and mailing it to the Court with your payment in the form of a money order. (Some violations require attendance at Court)
- If you cannot pay your fine on the date you appear in Court, you will be given a new date by which to pay your fine and costs.
- If you intend to plead guilty, but do not have the funds to pay your fine, you must attend Court on your Court date. You will not be arrested for not having the money to pay your fine.
- If you do not attend Court on your Court date, and you have not previously paid the fines, then a warrant may be issued for your arrest.
- If you are indigent, you may be asked to complete financial statements to determine your financial status to determine, your eligibility for reduced fines, costs, payment plans, community service or appointed counsel.
Contesting a Violation
- To contest a violation, you must appear before the Municipal Judge on your scheduled court date.
- Municipal Clerks are not allowed to hear your case, and cannot give legal advice. Please do not present your case to the Municipal Clerks.
Paying Your Ticket
- You can pay your ticket by mailing the Sunset Hills Municipal court at 3939 S. Lindbergh Sunset Hills, MO 63127. A drop box is also available at the entrance of City Hall. The Municipal Court accepts money orders in the exact amount of fees accessed, along with plea paperwork.
- The Municipal Court Office is closed on weekends and most holidays
- To make an on-line payment visit, https://www.courts.mo.gov