What is the "noise" law in Sunset Hills?
Sunset Hills has several ordinances regarding noise complaints. Call the police for complaints about loud parties, stereos, or barking dogs. In most of these cases it will be necessary for a complainant (not the police) to be willing to sign a summons in order to charge a person with this violation. Noise caused by construction work, heavy equipment and blasting is restricted to 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Trash pick-up noise is restricted to the hours of 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday. These last 2 type of complaints do not need a complainant's signature.

Show All Answers

1. May I hunt deer or other animals in my yard?
2. How can I see monthly crime statistics?
3. What is the "noise" law in Sunset Hills?
4. Can I park a commercial vehicle on the street?
5. Who can I talk to about traffic concerns in my neighborhood?
6. What do I do if I think something suspicious is occurring?
7. What is the curfew for my 15-year-old child?
8. I am having my driveway re-paved, can I park on the street overnight?
9. When I call 911, how does the Police Department know where I am?
10. Will the police watch my house while I am on vacation?
11. How do I get a copy of a police report?
12. Sunset Hills has issued a warrant for my arrest. What do I do?